Haha Well funny story about my strep throat. I went back and
the shot wasn’t working! The
first shot they gave me didn’t work. It was penicillin, and it wasn’t strong
enough to kill the virus so they gave me 3 more shots! And then pills
for 10 days. So I had to pay about 30 bucks on shots. It kinda stunk. But
whatever. It’s life I guess! I do not feel good. Poor little booty hurts. But we’ll
make it through!
So now the pictures, we made apple pies for a family here! They
are literally like my second family. They act a lot like our family and they
are super funny! I actually really like them and they are really nice to
us and they always want to help us out!
And now to my numbers problem. I have thought a lot about if
it’s just my pride or if it’s a real thing. I found the problem. I don’t mind
when people tell me I need to do better, yes it hurts, but I need to hear it
sometimes. But the problem when it all comes down to numbers. You still have to
care about the people that we help or about getting better personally. You can’t
expect a complete change in 2 minutes. We are trying a lot harder to do better but
it’s an everyday thing. It doesn’t just come. It’s changing little things to get
better little by little. That’s what me and my comp are doing. We have changed
little things every day to try and get better. It’s frustrating that we were
trying so hard, but you can’t see the changes because it wasn’t exactly as much
as they wanted. That’s my problem. I think it is more about the things we learn
but some people just want the numbers. So that’s my explanation. I don’t know,
maybe I’m wrong. And if the lord says I’m wrong, I’ll admit it completely. But I’m
more worried about getting better, not just going out to get the numbers.
The doctors told me I wasn’t allowed to leave the house to
work. But I still went out and did the important lessons. And no mom, you can’t
get mad at me for that! But we live outside of the area so we actually went to
a member’s house, (the family that we did the pies for) and they let me sleep
in their house. Because it’s not very good to go to the area, go back home, go
back to the area, go back home and etc. so yeah. But we actually had a really
good lesson with K.. She is 23, has 2 kids and is married (kind of a miracle in
Panama) and we gave her a Book of Mormon. When we explained it, we asked if she
had any questions about it. She actually told us she has always been curious if
the people here ever heard about Jesus. So that was pretty cool! But she
promised she would read it. We will see if she actually did it! I really hope
she does. She is really nice and would make a really great member.

No comments:
Post a Comment