Tuesday, July 14, 2015

67 - Baptism









Okay, I will start with answers. Today I bought McDonald's. It was so tempting! 

I did go talk to president the other day. He asked me about the area and all that jazz. It was good. I really felt like he cared about me. Now I gotta explain. All my time in the mission I always felt like I was just another person that he is in charge of out here. And it kinda stunk. But in this meeting I actually felt that he cared about me. It was good!

Yes we did have the baptism! It was awesome! She was super funny! But things are going great. It's practically like we are opening the area. The members didn't like missionaries, we didn't have investigators. Nothing! And now we have 3 baptismal dates and about 15 investigators! So it is going good here! And we still have R. She is 18, and we went to pick her up for church on Sunday. We get there, and it seemed like they had a party. There were beer bottles everywhere and the doors and windows were closed. So I guess they weren't in the right mind set to go to church. But whatevs! We will teach her the word of wisdom this week. We have taught the restoration, evangelio de jesucristo. and castidad. She has been progressing. She is really positive, she just doesn't know the details. I was really hoping she would come to church but maybe next week. Funny you mentioned it, I actually read about that the other day in 2nd Nephi and it was really good! 

But this week was rough because we didn't have a lot of time. We went to the office this week, so we lost that day. And then we went to go contact out in another area. We lost a lot of time with unexpected things and we didn't have many lessons. So yeah, that wasn't fun! We have completely changed this area. When I showed up there really was nothing going on. We are visiting members and everyone else because we need to build relationships here. We are trying to change all that and teach our investigators and reactivate the less active members. But we are going to do another movie night this weekend. We hope it will be just as good as the first time! But we will see. 

Other than that things are going good. Thanks for saying I'm a good brother! Made me get the feel goods! haha I love you mom! Keep the patience up and have a good week! 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment