Hey mom! Yes we do still
have a baptism this weekend. I'm pretty excited about
it. She is really smart! And there are some other people we have been
teaching that have changed and showed a lot more interest, so that was really
cool! We have 2 more with baptismal dates, and then
we have 3 more that we need to put a baptismal date with, so things are good! We are getting a lot more help from the members, more
than before! So that's good! Especially R. We are going to see if she can keep progressing. She
actually made us food the other day! It was pretty funny actually. We asked her what she was
studying in the Bible the other day, and we read a little bit. Then when we shared we
were able to also turn it into a lesson about the plan of salvation. It was actually really
cool!
But things
are good, my knee is doing okay, so I'm not taking Advil now.
This week we had a big party for 4th of July. We planned it and everything! It was really good! We watched a movie of the church and had some food. It was
cool! Yes we did have a fireworks show for the 4th. No it wasn't as good as dad's! But it was pretty awesome! The less active members that we invited all came to church so it was a huge
help with that. But we have had some crazy moments. No one has robbed me yet,
but I'm waiting! I kinda like my area now, at first it was pretty tough. But now
it's good! I like the people, and they like me! They all like talking with
me, and they think I'm funny! So that was actually really fun!
I have learned a lot of things in my time on the
mission. One of those is about testimony. A lot of people think that a
testimony is to know 100 percent that something is true. And that's wrong. A
testimony is a belief of something that we don't know. After years and many
experiences it becomes our second nature and we can tell those things without
having to think about it. Because the spirit has given us little bits over the
course of our lives to help us. I went through that on the mission. Every one
says they know the Book of Mormon is true. But I wanted to make sure. Without even thinking about it I know it's true because I did the work. I have
studied it almost every single day for the last 15 months. And it was hard. But
now it has become something I can rely on. When people come up to us and tell
us we are wrong and start yelling and throwing things at us, I know deep down
that the things I have been teaching are true things. I know now the reason why I had so many problems growing up was
because of my friends. They were a really hard thing to change. But when the Lord tells you something you gotta do it as soon as possible. Like in the mall
that one time. me and Brooke were alone and mom was in the other store. We felt like
we should leave and go find mom, and we did it right that second. You gotta follow the spirit right
when it says something. Just try your best and the Lord will bless you.
But not much
happened this week, just a lot of visits, and a lot of time in service. We
actually replaced part of the roof of a school that was built by the US
government out here a long time ago. It was pretty fun! It was cool to get
my only 4th of July over with in the mission, since I came home last year over the 4th. Not much more time left out here
and we will totally party when I get home.
But ya. That's about it! I got a sweat band from a store for 1.25,
best buy of the mission! I actually got it more for that box. But then today we
had a birthday party for another elder. It was way fun! This week was really good.
I sent some pics to mom, they are pretty good if I do say so myself! But things are good. We will see how things go with the investigators!

No comments:
Post a Comment