Tuesday, January 27, 2015

43 - Traveling and Working












Haha, thanks for the little input about my eyes matching with the tie mom! This week was good. I'll start with p day first. So last night we got on a bus and went and stayed at the house of some other missionaries that was like an hour away. It's a super cool house! It was actually owned by a gringo, but it got broken into and they tried to kidnap his daughter, so they left back to the states a few years back. But the house is so nice! Like really nice! They have a garden in the back yard, with a full size pool! It is so dang cool! And we had 12 missionaries there last night. It was awesome! We played monopoly cards. 

Then today we woke up at like 7, we went over to the soccer field (it is astro turf) and played soccer for like 3 or 4 hours. It was awesome! But I kinda got hurt. I got kicked in the shin, in the ankles and in the knee, so it was awesome! And we had the last game go to penalties. It was actually super fun! We did gringos against latinos, and sadly we lost. But it's okay. We did 7 on 7 and there were only about 3 on our team that could actually play pretty well, so it was hard! But we had a good time. The  kids in my zone are pretty cool, we get along pretty well. 

I loved the remote control in the Christmas package, it was a great idea! And it was super fun. I loved the letters. 

Now on to the rest of the week. So it was super hard, it's really hard to get the members to work with us. It's hard because they are all busy and they don't have time. But we are still trying. We had this one kid and we have taught him a few times. He was like I don't like when people aren't honest with me. So I just kind of got serious with him and told him why we were there and how we could help him. It actually turned out super super good. Then we also found a new family to start teaching, a mom and her 3 kids. The oldest one is 8 and me and my comp both feel really really good about them. We taught them the plan of salvation, and it wasn't the best lesson I have given, but we both felt really really good about it. I could feel the spirit was there, and she had some super good questions and some really good thoughts. She had a good time and she seemed receptive, and we have another lesson with her next Sunday. I really hope things work out. It would be really nice to get a family to work with, and it would be really nice to help a family kind of grow up in the church. It would really mean a lot to me! 

Other than that things are good. We had a meeting at Cardenas this last week with the assistants and president. It was actually pretty fun. That's where the pictures from Sis. Carmack's blog were from. We learned a lot and had a good time. And the food was seriously good! There is some good barbecue here! So I'm happy! I have a few places I'll take you guys too. Don't worry!!! I love you! Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment