First off yes I did pull some money out of the
account. It's because I'm spending money on that mola! I am actually sending a
picture of one I bought a few days ago. It's a little nativity scene.
Now
about changes. So we went into the city and my comp went to Chorrera. He became
a ZL and I became a DL so that was pretty cool. My new comp is Elder
Murray and he is pretty dang cool. I don't know if you remember him but we were friends back in my first
area. So it's super cool to have him as my comp. We already get along really
well so I'm super excited to work with him out here!
I'm not sure if people did anything for Halloween. I think not. But a few people in the city were dressed up and they had a few signs about it but nothing too big.
I do remember that I left some contacts at home. But other than that I'm not sure. I'll just be happy to get anything I guess. Being out here has made me grateful for receiving at least something. There are a lot of things that I have realized out here on the mission.
That's awesome that Loren's team took 3rd in State! It's probably not what they wanted but at least they got a trophy! I'm glad it was fun to watch. Going to state games is always fun! But speaking of Grandma, I went to the temple when I was in the city. It was me and my comp, the ZLs, and some hermanas. It was a super good experience. I learned quite a bit. It's crazy that now I can understand most of it in Spanish. And I can actually do most of it in Spanish without help!! Just thought you would think that was kinda cool! But I was in the celestial room, and I started praying. I brought up grandma, all the struggles our family is going through, the help I need, everything I could possibly think of. Every feeling I had. And I had the warmest most awesome feeling come over my entire body. It was like 500 cups of hot chocolate all at once! And it all just felt like everything amazing happening all at once. It was seriously such an awesome experience and it made me realize that we aren't ever alone. We could feel completely alone, but we still have someone watching out for us. It was super cool. It was one of the happiest moments in my life and it was amazing to realize that in that same area of the temple. Families are sealed for all eternity. It was a super cool experience.
Something I have learned lately is the importance of the things we do in the church, everything from baptism to keeping the commandments. Sometimes some things seem dumb or not important but those are just as important as the big commandments. And God expects us to keep all of them, no matter how small they are.
The kids here are done with school in December. They go on a different time line than us. And now to my week. So we went to the city and I got my new comp. We did a lot of shopping and then we headed out here on Saturday. On the water taxi, we had to put our bags on a different boat. But the guy in charge was a member back in Arraijan where I was before. So we got to the island and waited for our bags. About an hour later he showed up and said the big red one with all our food, another lady had said it was hers. So he had us go with him to go get it. When we got there some of our stuff was taken. Just off the top of our heads about 80 dollars worth of stuff, including a Christmas pack of hot chocolate. We were kinda bummed. It's sad that we are out here working with the people, trying to love them, and still our things were stolen. It really stinks. But we have what we need to survive so we will survive. They stole stuff like toothbrushes and toothpaste, some food, some snacks, and then random stuff we got like can opener and all that jazz. So that kinda put a damper on the week. But my comp brought up a good thing. He was like, hey this means Satan is working against us because he knows that we will work really well together. So yeah.
I'm glad to hear the Jazz are at least somewhat playing well now. It's good that we finally got some guys who are willing to hustle and work hard for the ball. That's what it takes. Like with the Lakers the other year. They had Steve Nash and all these super stars but they couldn't do anything because no one wanted to put in the hard work and hustle for the ball.
That was kind of all that happened. But being a DL is so weird! I have to take numbers and all that. But it was exciting! But I'm glad things are going good. I hope you have a good week! I love you.
I'm not sure if people did anything for Halloween. I think not. But a few people in the city were dressed up and they had a few signs about it but nothing too big.
I do remember that I left some contacts at home. But other than that I'm not sure. I'll just be happy to get anything I guess. Being out here has made me grateful for receiving at least something. There are a lot of things that I have realized out here on the mission.
That's awesome that Loren's team took 3rd in State! It's probably not what they wanted but at least they got a trophy! I'm glad it was fun to watch. Going to state games is always fun! But speaking of Grandma, I went to the temple when I was in the city. It was me and my comp, the ZLs, and some hermanas. It was a super good experience. I learned quite a bit. It's crazy that now I can understand most of it in Spanish. And I can actually do most of it in Spanish without help!! Just thought you would think that was kinda cool! But I was in the celestial room, and I started praying. I brought up grandma, all the struggles our family is going through, the help I need, everything I could possibly think of. Every feeling I had. And I had the warmest most awesome feeling come over my entire body. It was like 500 cups of hot chocolate all at once! And it all just felt like everything amazing happening all at once. It was seriously such an awesome experience and it made me realize that we aren't ever alone. We could feel completely alone, but we still have someone watching out for us. It was super cool. It was one of the happiest moments in my life and it was amazing to realize that in that same area of the temple. Families are sealed for all eternity. It was a super cool experience.
Something I have learned lately is the importance of the things we do in the church, everything from baptism to keeping the commandments. Sometimes some things seem dumb or not important but those are just as important as the big commandments. And God expects us to keep all of them, no matter how small they are.
The kids here are done with school in December. They go on a different time line than us. And now to my week. So we went to the city and I got my new comp. We did a lot of shopping and then we headed out here on Saturday. On the water taxi, we had to put our bags on a different boat. But the guy in charge was a member back in Arraijan where I was before. So we got to the island and waited for our bags. About an hour later he showed up and said the big red one with all our food, another lady had said it was hers. So he had us go with him to go get it. When we got there some of our stuff was taken. Just off the top of our heads about 80 dollars worth of stuff, including a Christmas pack of hot chocolate. We were kinda bummed. It's sad that we are out here working with the people, trying to love them, and still our things were stolen. It really stinks. But we have what we need to survive so we will survive. They stole stuff like toothbrushes and toothpaste, some food, some snacks, and then random stuff we got like can opener and all that jazz. So that kinda put a damper on the week. But my comp brought up a good thing. He was like, hey this means Satan is working against us because he knows that we will work really well together. So yeah.
I'm glad to hear the Jazz are at least somewhat playing well now. It's good that we finally got some guys who are willing to hustle and work hard for the ball. That's what it takes. Like with the Lakers the other year. They had Steve Nash and all these super stars but they couldn't do anything because no one wanted to put in the hard work and hustle for the ball.
That was kind of all that happened. But being a DL is so weird! I have to take numbers and all that. But it was exciting! But I'm glad things are going good. I hope you have a good week! I love you.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment