Wednesday, October 29, 2014

30 - Our little World Series!


After the breast cancer walk


Our little World Series


You are gonna love this week too Mom! More pics! The one is of me and Jendia and Jean Pierre.

First off I wanna tell you a joke I heard but it only works in Spanish. What is the difference between a pear and a Mormon girlfriend? Un es pera. el otro no espera!! haha yeah I know it is a pretty funny joke.

Grandma told me Marcus got a black eye from the scope when you were hunting. But I’m glad you guys had a good time with it. It sounds like fun! I’m glad things are going good there.

So good news. That kid we baptized last week, this Sunday we gave him the priesthood! So that was a super cool experience!

I’ve learned a lot, having a companion. It really doesn’t matter if you do or don’t like your comp. Every single one is going to teach you something and you really do need to learn it. But that just might be me. I don’t worry much out here I guess, and that’s awesome.

Don’t worry about the bags you sent. If Jesus wants me to get them I’ll get them! I hope the package isn’t lost.

I wish our weather was like a Utah 70 or 80. It’s more like an insanely moist Utah 125. But hey. I’m getting used to it! And you guys are lucky I’m not there to help pull weeds! I would do it the Panamanian way and take dad’s machete to it! That’s how you get it done out here.

But now on to this week on the wonderful island of Nangana. So first off, these guys showed up to start fixing the church and they said they will be here for a month in total. But that brings up problem number one. They don’t really work that hard all the time. They say how much work they have to do but they don’t really work all that much. The guy in charge just kinda sits in his hammock and takes naps. So it’s been kind of slow going here. And it kinda makes me mad, because I’ve worked on houses and stuff. I know that if you try, you can get quite a bit done in not all that much time. You just have to be diligent about it. So that kinda ticked me off a bit. And second, they use a ton of water. It’s not an easy thing to go get water. They will do it in their own time I guess. But I’m hoping this will go quickly and we can get the church back to ourselves.

Then Thursday through Sunday there was a huge, and I mean huge, softball championship! It was super fun! It was like it was the World Series out here. They play different than we do. They had 1st and 3rd base come in as close as the catcher, then 2nd base would cover 1st. Short would cover 2nd then the outfield would come in if no one else was on base, and they also tried to get some sneaky tag outs from outfield. None of it made sense to us, but we still had a good time. Only bad thing was everyone was there so no one was home all weekend. So that kinda stunk. And then Sunday President Carmack showed up. They got here an hour late, so we started church late, and then he left right after so I didn’t get to talk to him. Changes are this week so he couldn’t stay long but it was cool to have him here. He changed the Branch President, so that was a super super good thing. We are excited to start some new work! The new Branch President is all about organizing the branch and getting everyone working together. It’s just what is needed so I’m excited to help with that. He is a recent convert. He joined like 8 months ago, so he still is learning how it works sometimes but we are gonna get him some manuals to read. He invited us over for dinner. And I will tell you what, I was in heaven! His wife made us arroz con coco, banana de tentacion, con langosta, which is bananas, coconut rice and lobster! It was soooooooo stinking good! Easily best meal I’ve had in the country! It was so dang good! That woman knows what she is doing. And then also on Sunday, that kid we baptized last week got the priesthood, it was pretty cool. We taught him about it, and while we were teaching, Juan, walked past! He is one of our soon to be missionaries and he helped us teach about the priesthood. So that was a really cool experience. 

And by the way. Keep me updated if anything comes out about that jaguar. I think it’s called like the XE or something. It’s smaller than the XF but its supposed to be like a straight up sports car. So I think it’s going to turn out pretty cool. They were talking about it a lot when I was home. 

But that’s kinda it this week. Not much really happened but a lot happened at the same time. It was kinda slow but it’s okay! Things will pick up soon! But hopefully this week will have a little more variety to it! Love you! Keep the homies in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment