- If rain comes, close the windows.
- If stuff starts flying away, get what you can.
- If all else fails pray.
Those
are the 3 steps to emergency preparation on the island. But seriously,
there aren't any shelters. If your house blows away, it blows away. The church is actually one of the most safe buildings on the island. The
only ones more safe are the brick and cement buildings.
But
you have no clue how hard it was for me to judge those little cuties! They were all so dang adorable! And I decided I really want to bring you
and dad out here when you guys come. It's a super amazing place! They have 2 hotels on the island, so there's totally nothing to worry
about!
I got emails from Landon and Tyler of them telling me where they got called to, that's so awesome! I
can speak Spanish with Landon now! And I can have Tyler go to a Bayern Munich game with me! So it all works out in the end! That's
awesome about Tyler! It's crazy that he was ready for the military and everything, but then just decided to change course and do
mission papers. It's a great thing to do though! A mission will teach you
a lot of things.
So now to investigators, we have 2 teenagers and 1
little girl. One teenager is this Saturday, the little girl was supposed to be in a
week, and the other one was set for a few weeks from now. But if the
little girl didn't come to church, we won't be able to do it next week. It
will have to be moved back. The other one will have to be moved
back too.
Spanish is coming along pretty well. It's hard, but it's an
every day effort. It actually helps having an English companion because
he can explain things to me so I can understand it. My comp has a
little over a year, like 2 weeks more than a year. He has like 4
months out on the island.
Tell Marcus I said happy birthday, he hasn't written me
in like a month so I can't tell him myself. But that's too bad about Brooke. I know what it's like to be let down by people, especially when
you give them something special! So I feel the struggle.
Now
to the routine. So we wake up at 6:30. I kinda just lay in my hammock,
then I say prayers, then we start talking, then we study, then we eat. We switch off between granola bars and pancakes, then more study, then
we talk during study time, then it turns into doing anything necessary,
as in wash clothes, clean up, bathroom etc. and we keep doing whatever
we need to. We eat lunch then continue with random things and we go work. Then we return at about
7 or 8, make dinner, if we have any more lessons after, we go back out. Then we call it a night and start getting ready for bed and work out. I
do push ups, about 50ish. Then I shower and get in the hammock. Then
we normally have night talks. And that is a day in San Blas islands for us. Then
there comes in random things we have to do, like de-bug the house,
which means picking the bee hives off of curtains. We have to kill quite a
few cockroaches. Then service, and just random little things we have to
do. But this week was weird, we had to go to Playon Chico for a district
conference so we spent Saturday and Sunday traveling.
But nothing else really happened. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment