Well
first off, that cake looks great! You would be surprised with the lack of sweet things there are in Central America/ Latin America, whatever you want to call this place. I guess we are kind of Caribbean/Central/South America. And for my day of birth remembrance, we had a grill out! But it was not just any grill out! The ZLs came and so did all the other missionaries in the zone. We took a lot of pics. I’ll have
to send them some other time; the internet is being a little temperamental
today. But we built the fire using paint thinner as fuel, you know whole eagle
scout training kicked in. but one of my ZLs was doing it, and the fire climbed the stream and caught the rim of the bottle on fire. He ran to the ocean to try and put it out but as he threw it into the water, it sprayed and caught the ocean on fire. So we had a fire tornado kinda thing going on right by the bathroom. My first thought was --wet the dock so it doesn’t catch fire. Finally we put out the ocean fire but it was pretty stinkin cool if I do say so myself!
But that’s crazy to hear about my buddy. It’s too bad that things like that happen to people that I was so close to. I still feel like he is one of my good friends. It’s just sad to see how badly a few decisions can switch your life.
But that’s crazy to hear about my buddy. It’s too bad that things like that happen to people that I was so close to. I still feel like he is one of my good friends. It’s just sad to see how badly a few decisions can switch your life.
So
about the package. The first thing I thought, what the freak am I going to do
with 15 CTR rings????!! haha just kidding. Thanks mommy! But maybe I’ll get em.
We are going into the city for Christmas the first Friday of December. So maybe
I’ll be able to get them then. But we will just have to wait and see! I really
hope I can get some. And if not, it’s not like I’m gonna be sad! It just means I’ll
just have to wait. But we are trying to get permission to stay in the city an
extra few days so we can be there for changes. We need to buy some new pans for
the house and such so we are trying to get that worked out. We will see how it
goes I guess.
I’m
sure that would be good spam- jalapeno! Out in the mission, spam is a good
thing! Just fry it up with some oil and boom! It turns good! I’ll make it when I
get home. Don’t you worry your little spam-deprived heart!
I don’t know why time is going slow for you. It feels really fast for me! Like it feels like I just got back into the mission a few weeks ago! But it was actually a few months ago. But don’t worry. I’ll be home before you know it!
That is a good thought you sent me. Learning and gaining a testimony is a lifetime of work. I have been thinking a lot about that. A man who was really strong in the Gospel here is kind of inactive now. It’s just kinda weird to think you could practically go from bishop to inactive just within a few short weeks. But maybe my thinking is wrong on this one. I’m not sure!
Oh good old region dances. So much fun! I totally would have come and chilled with you guys! That would have kind of been fun to chaperone! Just you, me and dad watching a bunch of little kids. We would have had some pretty funny comments come out of that group. But I guess I’ll just have to wait till another time to do it with you guys!
But that’s awesome Marcus got a birthday gift! And it’s only a month late! That’s awesome! ;) haha I’m just messin with ya mom! But that’s actually a cool gift!
I don’t know why time is going slow for you. It feels really fast for me! Like it feels like I just got back into the mission a few weeks ago! But it was actually a few months ago. But don’t worry. I’ll be home before you know it!
That is a good thought you sent me. Learning and gaining a testimony is a lifetime of work. I have been thinking a lot about that. A man who was really strong in the Gospel here is kind of inactive now. It’s just kinda weird to think you could practically go from bishop to inactive just within a few short weeks. But maybe my thinking is wrong on this one. I’m not sure!
Oh good old region dances. So much fun! I totally would have come and chilled with you guys! That would have kind of been fun to chaperone! Just you, me and dad watching a bunch of little kids. We would have had some pretty funny comments come out of that group. But I guess I’ll just have to wait till another time to do it with you guys!
But that’s awesome Marcus got a birthday gift! And it’s only a month late! That’s awesome! ;) haha I’m just messin with ya mom! But that’s actually a cool gift!
I’m so glad I’m not there to watch granny go through all this chemo and stuff. I don’t know if I could handle all that! But I’m just a little tender I guess.
You
guys are gonna party that place up at Christmas! And I’m pretty sure I’ll be
able to skype. We will get it figured out! It might have to do it on a different
day, but that’s only if like some freak storm takes out the power on the island
or something big like that.
But other than that, this week was good. We had the zone conference, then taught some good lessons. Me and Elder Murray cleaned the entire building before these guys came. But now it’s dirtier than before, and they have been here less than a week. So now we’ll have to clean again! But we have a baptismal date and we are hoping to get at least 2 more this week. So we got high goals! And we think these are good solid dates. So I’m pretty excited! But that’s about it. I love you! Keep up the hard work.
But other than that, this week was good. We had the zone conference, then taught some good lessons. Me and Elder Murray cleaned the entire building before these guys came. But now it’s dirtier than before, and they have been here less than a week. So now we’ll have to clean again! But we have a baptismal date and we are hoping to get at least 2 more this week. So we got high goals! And we think these are good solid dates. So I’m pretty excited! But that’s about it. I love you! Keep up the hard work.
Oh, and
remind dad he has to ride the scooter a little bit so the gas doesn’t go bad
and ruin it. But I love you! See ya!
Love
Elder Adams
Love
Elder Adams




No comments:
Post a Comment