Monday, November 24, 2014

34 - Baptism Week!


Well, this week was kinda weird.  Kinda stunk at times but then ended good. Totally up and down. So first, we still had the workers here working on the church (which is where we LIVE), and they cut the lights to fix them. But they really did nothing, so we have been without lights for 5 days and counting. So that’s awesome. And they just bug us. Their work ethic is lacking.  It bugs me so bad! But they are so close to being done so hopefully they will finish and move on.  I think the workers were messing around with my camera and all my pictures got deleted. So that kinda sucks. But I have a few pictures I could send you so don’t worry! But Elder Kipp is my Zone Leader. He is a really cool kid. That’s cool that you got pics from his mom.

Yes it was kinda crazy! I took the initiative and cleaned something! It’s really out of the ordinary! Weird.
 
But we did have the baptism this week, and she asked me to do it. So it was a super cool experience! We had a few people show up. The girl’s mom who isn’t a member showed up but her sister who is a member didn’t show up and didn’t want to come. We had a few problems before the baptism. We got there to fill out the baptismal thing, and the sister was like my mom said no. Her mom only speaks Kuna so it’s hard to communicate with the mom. But right as she said that, she fell out of her hammock. So we believe it was her being smitten down. So that was kinda funny.

But it’s all going pretty much the same. The lessons are going good. We actually had like 40 lessons this last week so we got some good work done. We are trying to work smarter not necessarily harder. We try and make the lessons as productive as possible. And we are working more with the members and try and use other things we can to help us. It’s a lot easier to have the help of a member.


That’s so funny about Kooper! I remember every time he would come over I would hang with him. That little guy. I can’t wait to come hang out with him! He is such a fun kid to be around. I don’t understand how he can be so funny sometimes! But he is just a little cutie.

It really will be hard to get schedules together after everyone is married. I guess we just gotta start planning further ahead! Which is not really our strong suit.
 
But the thing about packages is I don’t really need anything. I have plenty of stuff! But anything is appreciated. Just like little things. I don’t know! I don’t know what I ever want mother! You know this about me!

So I’ve been thinking. If we ever make a plan for a new house, just make sure we put a car lift somewhere in there. Then we can work on cars! Mainly mine. But you know what I mean! And they really aren’t that expensive mom! And if we are building a house, it will be even easier! But I mean just a little shop in the back yard with a lift will be fine with me!

Now to this week. So we had a ton of lessons. We ended up with like 40 lessons and we had the baptism, which was super good! She was super ready! And we have a list of like 7 people we want to put baptismal dates with so we are getting some serious work done out here! Me and Elder Murray have been getting along really well. We are just enjoying the time we have here. And we are super positive about all the work we have been doing. But there are a few things we can do better that we are working on. So things will only get better from here on out!
 
Hope everything is good in the hood!
 
Love Elder Jakey Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment