First off I don’t get
why everyone is making such a big deal about 20! Yeah it’s not a teenager
anymore but still! It’s not that big of a deal! But don’t worry. We are going
over to a member’s house to have a birthday dinner. And you guys can eat all
the cake you want! It doesn’t bother me at all! Eat multiple cakes and go to California
Pizza Kitchen if you want! Enjoy it for me!
Me and Elder Murray were never comps and
we never lived together. He was just in my zone back in Arraijan. We have a ton
in common! Back home in Sacramento he has a 66 Mustang and we talk about cars a
lot. We both play guitar and we are just a lot alike. So I’m glad I get to
spend Christmas with someone that I enjoy hanging out with. Speaking of, we
might get to go into the city for the mission Christmas party! So keep that one
in the prayers! haha just kidding! But my comp and I
actually teach great together. We have had some really good lessons so far and
we are trying to find investigators. We put a list on the board of some tasks
we have including names or descriptions of some people we want to teach. But
being DL is kinda cool I guess. I just take numbers and talk a lot. It’s not
too much but it’s still fun. There are two companionships of hermanas in my
district so not really many people but it’s still fun.
I’m glad I got just a
little bit of drama with Booga. Now I know how to handle stuff like that! haha But
the hermanas in my district aren’t very dramatic so I’m glad for that. And
Elder Murray has the special assignment. He is in the district presidency or branch
presidency or something like that. But there’s only ever 1 DL in a
companionship.
That’s so awesome
about Abbi cheering! That little cutie! And good job Brays! And Emmry is a
lover! I remember over the summer when she would get mad or sad, I would go
into her room and we would lay on her bed and watch tv. We actually became
pretty good buddies this last year and a half or so. She’s a cutie.
But studies are going
good. There is always more to learn. It would be harder for you to study like
in depth study. I have all morning for that and then it just kinda keeps
rolling. But your studying is on a time limit. But this week I was kinda all
over the place. I was studying faith and how it affects our lives. About how
our own faith can change our life course and how a lack of faith can be a huge
thing. Like certain friends I have. A lack of faith can take you from a good
place to a really, really bad place you never wanted to be in a real hurry. And
how to make big changes like Alma the younger and Enos. They started with just
a little bit of faith. Like Enos just says he knew his father was a just man but
he didn’t know anything else. He used that little bit of faith that he knew,
and it turned him into a great man. So even though lack of faith can be seen as
weak, it could be made into the biggest strength you have if you know how to
work for it.
Then I started
reading some parables like the prodigal son and the 10 virgins. I’m just trying
to find more ways to apply the stories into the lives of the people I am
teaching and trying to simplify them so people can understand. Like this week we
had some family home evenings and we taught Matthew 25 verses 1 to 13. It’s the
10 virgins and we went through it and explained what the olive meant, what the
lamps meant, and how we need to always be ready for when Jesus comes because no
one knows exactly when. And just so you know, in Spanish it actually says
boyfriend instead of bridegroom. So that was kinda funny to me. But we taught
that the other night to a family. One kid is a less active, and then his sister
and aunt are active members. But we taught the parable and talked about it a
bit. To every question I had, this little girl who is like 5, she had an
answer. Sometimes I had to whisper it into her ear, but she almost always had
the answer. She is so dang cute! But she just came over and sat on my lap and
we were just kinda chillin the whole time. It actually turned out really good. The
aunt told us how her husband was a less active, and then he served a mission,
she got baptized and they got married and all this stuff. So it was a super
cool experience.
But we did find our
bag on the boat. Most of the food was still in it. But yes my suitcases are
okay in the house of the assistants back on the mainland. I locked them up
before I came to the island. So they will be fine! I’m glad Dolores is feeling
better. Pass along this message to her for me please ( Espero que estas
bien. y tambien te extraño mucho. estas un mujer especial. estoy tan agradecido
que tu puedes estar en este familia. debes saber que te amamos mucho) She
is such a sweet lady. Grandpa is way too lucky to have her. And tell dad to get
his butt in gear to get my contacts. Tell him he needs to go missionary mode
and write down a schedule and keep it on him all day. And write everything down
right when it is said. He probably won’t, but it would help a lot! Planning is
a huge thing in the mission.
I sent you a picture
of our makeshift grill. It’s pretty awesome. It’s made by yours truly! I took a
shelf from an old fridge, some tin foil, a little fire, and some wood to make
it. Our neighbors were like what are you doing with that food? So I guess they don’t
understand the amazingness that is grilling! And it was some of the best
chicken I think I have ever had. It was straight up good! We are planning on
having another one tonight for my birthday so it’s pretty exciting! But I love
you. Hope you have a good week!
Love, Elder Jakey
Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment