Saturday, May 31, 2014

12 - Another week in Paradise!


This storm was so huge we called it Storm Armageddon

In case you didn't believe that we had crocodiles in our back yard. Yes. He's dead.

The one is over three feet long!

Sugar cane! It's hard to get to but it tastes awesome!

This is the difference between my tan arm and my white leg


First off I wanted to say I'm sorry for the short letter last week, it was a little hectic.  This week was good but tough. This week is transfers and I have my comp for another 6 weeks so we will see how things go.

I'm glad the reunion went well though. That's too bad about not having enough beds. But the part of being together as a family isn't just about sleep. But maybe that's because the bed I have sucks. I got a new mattress but it is pretty much nothing. I just threw it on top of my other one but it's still giving me back pain. So I'll see if I can figure something out. But I miss Austin! I'm glad you got to see the pictures of us fishing. I really hope we still hang out after our missions. That's crazy that he leaves so soon! It's really cool that he is going to England! You best believe I'm going to pick him up!

Something really sad happened. We had to give up on a family because they weren't progressing. It was a really sad experience. It was that family we had been working with, and their son said he wanted to be baptized. It was super, super sad. It hurt to see them just say they don't have time for this. They don't think it's important for them. It kinda sucked. But then I felt the spirit really strong, and I know that they will have a lot of trials but they will join the church sometime soon. I can feel it. Eventually missionaries will show up again and they will be baptized so I felt okay with it in the end.

This week was okay though. It was rough to give up on a family but it needed to happen. But I have been feeling a little better, not as sick. Today was the last p day with everyone in our zone so all the elders came to our little house. We made food and chilled. Then Elder Murray gave me a hair cut. He was a barber before the mission so it was pretty cool. He is actually really good. He is a pretty cool guy. 

We took a bunch of pictures as a zone last week. I also bought a tie of the American Flag. Being outside of America has made me really nostalgic and patriotic. I love America now! I wanna buy an electric blue mustang and wear an America headband!! If you see one before I get home please buy it for me! (the car or headband will work) haha but preferably the car!! haha but we will just have to see how things pan out I guess. 

I learned a really important thing that's super useful. I just take a chair and go sit in our back yard. I can kind of just be alone and think. It's actually really nice. And I put some classical music on a USB so it's nice to just relax and listen to that. I'm really glad I have it now and it helps calm me down. I kind of love it! I can be sitting there and I can just block out noises and be there all by myself! It's like I can completely close myself off, which is actually super cool and helpful when I'm stressed! And it works best if I picture myself in a car, which just goes to show what my true love is! Haha. 

The Spanish is getting better. It's still hard to speak, but I just gotta keep at it. I read the Liahona on the conference talks and I understood almost all of it! There were a few things where I wasn't quite sure but for the most part I got it down! I just need to work on my speaking of the actual Spanish. So that's my goal this week. And just so you know. I have been cleaning the shower and I clean all my dishes right after I use them. I have taken things into my own hands and I have had a lot of good habits so far! But I have been learning a lot of little things and those little things are adding up now.

Brooke didn't email me this week so you might wanna cuss her out a little bit! I miss my Booga! She better send a good one next week! 
 
I realized how much I love church. Like church is a time to take a break and to recharge. I really enjoy it. I just wish it was in English so I could do more talking. But eh, what are ya gonna do about it. 

But I'm always in pain which kind of stinks. But I guess I'll just have to put up with it. Other than that my week was kind of normal, nothing amazing happened.  But I love you. I'll send some pictures this time. Tell everyone I  say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment