Wednesday, May 21, 2014

11 - Do your Home Teaching!

Jake's first love.... Kool Aid.

 
I'm glad things are going well! This week was pretty good. One of our investigators opened up to me and my comp why she doesn't want to get married. She told us everything, at first it was kind of weird. But she told us she wants to come to church and she wants to do all these things we have been asking but he never wants to go with her. So we are going to try and talk to him alone about it. We will see if it helps any or not.  But it was nice to know that she trusts us that much. We are trying our best to help them. I hope I can do something. But I want you to know how happy I am that you guys are married in the temple. I can see a huge difference in the people here who are without that. I want nothing less than being the happiest guy in the world when I get the perfect girl for me. 

And I've also learned how big of a deal home teaching is. There are 3.6 million people in Panama. 70,000 are active members, 40,000 are inactive. Almost half the members here are inactive, and it's because no one does home teaching. Through home teaching it can help people come to church and want to be involved. It's sad to see how much the church is struggling because the members don't want to take 30 minutes out of their lives to try and help someone else. But all I can do is try and tell that it's important, and be a good home teacher later in life. 

I learned another important lesson. I was talking to another elder and he told me he realized he can't change the other elders, just tell them he respects them, but he is just going to be a good example and do what is right because he wants to do it. So I think that's what I'm going to have to do. 

Maybe you should sit in that section more at the Real games! Just do what I do at the games and stand the entire time! 
  
I do have a picture for you. And I know you will love it! It's so stinkin' funny. 

But thank you for finding my sunglasses! I was worried about them! But no. Just put them in the safe and we will be fine. haha just kidding! But they are kind of off limits. That's the only thing I have that's off limits. If anyone touches them, they'll be in trouble. ha just kidding. 

But I  still don't feel any better. I have some serious problems. But later I'll go to the store and try and find some medicine. It sucks! 

But other than that, my week was pretty good. I'm so proud of my mommy for doing a 5K! Taking 1st! That's my girl! 

I printed off some pics. One of Booga. But other than that there isn't much this week. We only have 10 minutes because the place is about to close so I will make it fast. But I love you. I miss you. And I want you all to read Ether chapter 12. It's a really good one about faith and other things.  

I gotta go. I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment