Sunday, May 18, 2014

10 - The worth of One Soul


Well this week, since I talked to you two days ago, has been great! It was so good to see all you guys on Skype! And just so you know, I do miss you guys a ton, I just don't want you to worry about me! I miss you more than I let on! But I decided I do need to take charge a little more. I'm going to try and do more to be an example and follow the rules even more closely. Tell dad and Marcus I said thank you for telling me how important it is to do that. And for me to push to be even better. I have been okay with just average, and I shouldn't be. And tell dad I love him. He was so quiet during our Skype, I thought he was kinda ticked for some reason. So tell him I love him and I hope I didn't do anything to make him mad. I swear I'm turning into Grandma because even thinking about dad possibly being mad at me makes me almost cry! Haha

So technically google maps doesn't have our house. It was taken before our house was built. But if you can look at the mall, it goes through a little neighborhood thing, then there is a space and it hits another neighborhood. We are right in the middle of those. But thanks for looking!

I have realized how much I really want to help people. I want them to feel even a little bit of how I feel. I was reading in Helaman today, and it was Nephi the son of Helaman the son of Helaman I think. And he was on his tower crying to the Lord because of the iniquity and sin that was among his people. I started getting really sad because so many people in the world aren't doing very good, and I'm a missionary. I need to be trying to help in any way I can. But remember the scripture that says how great is the worth of one soul in the eyes of God and how much greater are more than one. Okay, I got my whole spiritual montage out of the way. Haha

But I decided I'm just going to have to shower morning and night, and do exercises in the morning. Regardless of how badly I want to stay in bed. It's been raining a lot lately here. Actually right now our clothes are getting another wash. We thought it would be okay because the wind was moving the clouds away and it was super hot! But that's Panama for ya I guess. Yesterday me and my comp had an hour between our lessons and dinner, so we went home. Then he said one of our investigators needs our help so we went there. They were trying to figure out their son's math homework and were getting really mad. So while my comp helped the mom understand one of the harder ones, I helped the son (Miguel) with one of the easier ones. It was a little different in Spanish but it was still pretty easy to explain to him. 

But I actually saw a crocodile come up this morning. I remembered from the show Swamp Wars what to look for! haha! I saw the bubbles and then I saw its eyes pop out of the water. It was kind cool that it actually worked!  Other than that, things have been pretty good here! I got 3 National jerseys today- Argentina, Brazil, and Real Madrid- for like 10 bucks. It was pretty awesome.


I wanted to say thank you to dad, for all you have done for me. There was a kid at church on Sunday, he was with his dad in Elders Quorum. Everything his dad did, he did, if his dad would fix his tie, his son would pretend to fix his tie. He did every little thing and it made me really grateful for everything you have done for me, dad, and the example you have been for me. I hope that I am making you proud. If I can be half as good of a father as you I will be pretty happy with that. I love you dad.  

But I love you all. I hope you are having a good week. Tell everyone I love them and hi to anyone who is reading the blog! Are people reading it? I love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment