Haha Why all the questions woman??? Ha Just kidding.
The Spanish is still super
tough, but it's slowly getting better. A few people speak bits and pieces of English but for the most part no one
really speaks it. It is really hard but it is slowly getting better as my Spanish gets better. But yes it is a million times better to
be out here in Panama. I'm not stuck in a prison! (The MTC in Mexico City doesn't let the missionaries leave the grounds.) The people of Panama are nice. They feed us quite a few meals, but there are a few times when we don't have appointments. Our fridge is
tiny and no one really buys food because it will go bad before we eat it all. So we just eat like cup of noodle or crackers. In the malls they have everything from McDonald's to Popeye's, so that's kind of nice.
It's mainly desert here in my area, which is weird. Me and my comp get along pretty
well. We have fun sometimes. I don't really work out, but I do study. We don't really have
comp study though. Here is weird, some other Americans told me like some missionaries kind of do whatever sometimes. So it's
kind of hard. I am just going through the Gospels and highlighting all
the teachings of Jesus. So if you have any good scriptures and insights about
them I would definitely love to hear them!
I don't know if we will get to Skype or do a phone call on Sunday for Mother's Day. No
one really has internet out here. We go to internet cafes to use the internet so I could
use that. But I do need you to send me my log in stuff just in case we Skype.
I'm glad you guys all had a good time at Grandpa's wedding. Dolores is such a sweet lady. I hope she feels welcome in our family. I'm glad to hear about the wedding. I
really hope Grandpa does take good care of her. She is amazing and so caring.
But this week was pretty good. We had a
few lessons and found a few less active members. But it's still hard here. We do
a lot of walking but we also ride the bus a lot, and I mean a lot. It's still super difficult but things
are going a little better. I got a Panama National jersey for 10 bucks! It's from
the last World Cup but still! And I saw an Infiniti g37 last week! That is the
coolest car I've seen here so far. It was red and I got so excited! One thing that was pretty
cool, we got to go do service and we had to use machetes to clear this lady's
back yard. We had a lot of fun.
The family pictures
look awesome! I can't wait to get mine! But I might need more contact lenses. I sweat so
much that it's impossible to wear glasses here. So we will have to see about
that one!
Other than that, there isn't much happening. I have a few pictures
from getting here and I have some cool pictures from this last week but they won't load on the computer. I got one of the temple to load though. But this week wasn't all that eventful that I can remember! Sorry that it's so short! But I get to see you guys in 2
weeks so I'm pretty excited about that! I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment