Monday, February 8, 2016

97 - Grease Monkey


Haha yes mom. This is your long letter! Don't worry.. but this week stunk! I don't know if you remember but Carnival started last week. There has been about 0 people...There was literally like 10 people in the area! So that was fun.

Thanks for the advice dad...it was well needed! But we have 2 baptisms planned. 1 for this Saturday and another for the 16th.. so that's a good thing! !!! 

But I'm glad things are going well and the house is cool! 

Since there wasn't anyone home, we had some cool service opportunities this week.  We start with the car... so a member has had a lot of problems with a car and they were like hey you wanna take a look? After explaining that I knew my fair share about cars, we set up another day to go back.  And little middle child pulled out a you win the jackpot card. I fixed it practically on my own! It wasn't getting gas to the engine so I stared with the fuel pump and filter and worked my way back. And after much shuffling on the ground and some nice grease on my shirt (it felt so good to have it again) I realized the filter was old and needed to be replaced.  The fuel was bad and we had to change it out and clear the line and clean out the injectors.  So after some gas in my mouth and on my shirt,  I did it!!!! Haha it felt so good!  I was so glad that my uncanny knowledge of cars has actually helped someone in need! And it took a solid 4 and a half hours... so it was fun!  

Haha and then Saturday we had another service. We had planned to pick some dirt but we got there and we got to grind corn to make tortillas and such things!  So it was pretty fun actually! And then Saturday and Sunday we went to San Miguelito to say bye to the members that my comp knew... so it was pretty fun! 

But that's about all this week.  No one comes back until Wednesday so ya! It's gonna be fun! 
  But I felt so good helping! I love working on cars and other things. It's something my car knowledge and years in the farm taught me!!! But I love you! Have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment