Tuesday, November 24, 2015

86 - Baptism!





Well as the pics show, G.’s baptism was awesome :) But it was the most stressful baptism of my mission. She got sick Friday, and that’s when we do the interview. So we went to her house and did it Saturday morning and she did great! But then she went downtown with her family and was going to get back at 5:30. Her baptism was planned for 6. Because she is under age she needed a parent’s signature and her mom said no at like 5 in the afternoon... So we went to her house and talked to her mom for like 30 minutes to see what was happening, and she was like ‘Ok, I will sign for her.’ So we showed up to the church late. But the baptism before us started late so it was ok. We changed, got pics and I threw that girl into that water!!! haha yes I know it didn’t seem that hectic but honestly it seems that time goes a lot faster here when you have to walk everywhere and you have about 5500 things to do all at once. Let’s just say I’m learning to appreciate time. But it was awesome! I was so happy for her! And she is doing great now!

After G.’s baptism not much has happened. We started teaching a girl named R. again and we put a baptismal date with her. She seemed really excited.

Now to highlight 3... we wash clothes in a laundry place, and it’s owned by a Chinese guy. He is really nice and it’s weird because normally people can be kinda rude. We always treat him like a homie. So today we left and we were like ‘see ya later bro.’ and he just said ‘ok, see ya later friends!’ (in Spanish) and we freaked out! We are his friends!!!!!!!! Me and my comp were like yes! He’s our homie! And he is a really nice guy. It’s hard to get the Chinese people here to like you. They don’t like you easily.

And idk about where to visit when you come. I would like to show you guys Boquete. The rest of the stuff is in the main city so that’s about it... idk if you guys have found anything online that you wanna do.

Well I’m glad things are going well. But that’s about it. We are on a short time frame here! Love you! Gotta go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment