Well things are good
here…not much going on, just trying to find new people to teach, but we are
happy. We are doing our best and we are trying to serve and love the people.
It’s hard sometimes. Sometimes people don’t act like they care. Some people are
hard to love but then I have to humble myself down a bit and remember that God
still loves them. So that’s a little hard for me sometimes. But it’s good to
remember.
Me and my comp play
basketball with a bunch of other people every week so it is pretty fun. It’s a
little hard because then we feel crazy tired, but I guess it’s no pain no gain.
But I’m feeling healthy for once and now my comp is sick, so it just kind of
switched. But me and him get along really well, we are a lot alike and we seem
to just work well together.
And now onto the
area, so things are good here. We are just trying to get things done. We always
seem to be late for something no matter how hard we try! But I guess that’s
life in Panama. But we are doing the best we can with the time we have. We are
just trying to figure out ways of finding new people to teach. It’s tough
sometimes but we decided to go to a place and contact it all on Tuesday. We
will see how that works out. But we are trying to change things up, do more
activities and invite more of the members to come. Sometimes it doesn’t work
but we will try different things to see what the members would like to do. We
can hopefully get to work with more families, so that would be cool. G. is
getting ready for her baptism. I hope it goes through! That would be awesome!
We are trying to get more kids in the ward that can help us meet their
families. Hopefully we can baptize more here in the future. But we will see!
That
kinda sucks that there was only 1 kid trick or treating! Yes, it is the Day of
the Dead here, but they don’t really take it seriously I guess. A few people
dressed up and stuff but it’s nowhere near as cool as back home. But I mean
sometimes things happen, so our Halloween went pretty good. We start off with
my comp not feeling well, he still has stomach problems from San Blas (thank
you Lord that I didn’t have any problems from my time there on the island) and
then we went to buy some stuff, my comp bought crappy shaving cream, and then
we went to a baptism later in the day, so it started out crappy but ended okay.
So
the house sounds like it’s coming along great! That’s exciting!
So
FYI, I finally got some Mike and Ikes last week in the store…can you please
send me some more? They kind of don’t exist here! And it sucks!!
But
I hope things are going good there. I love you. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment