Tuesday, November 10, 2015

84 - Panama Independence Day








Well this week has been a good one! It was the Independence Day and Flag Day of Panama so there were a ton of parties. There was also a ton of drinking around, so we couldn’t get much done. But it was okay I guess. We knew it was coming. There was no one home to teach. But me and my comp are doing good. We’re just trying to find new ways to serve the people. So we will see how that goes! We did have a few new investigators. One is a single mother named A, and she was really nice, and she really wants to know more about the church.

Yah, our ward mission leader told us about the change in church policy, and then our President talked a little about it today. It honestly doesn’t make sense to me why people are upset over it. It’s just saying that they have to wait until 18 to get baptized. It’s not like they are saying they can’t get baptized because of it. They are just doing it so there aren’t problems with the parents or anything. If people are leaving the church over it… The Lord needs strong people. We need to not put the world’s opinions before God. So ya. That’s my two cents on it. But the world has always tried to go against the church. It talks about that a lot in the scriptures. 

I think I’m good on socks. I don’t really need anything now. I don’t have much time left here anyways. But I love you mom, I hope you enjoy your last 5 months without me! I will bug you like none other when I get back! I’ll be like ‘Mom! You told me you missed me!!!’ haha love you mom! 

It is really good with a fun comp. We just kind of joke around and make things more fun!  We are excited! We got new beds. And they are amazing so we are enjoying that.

I will totally eat some birthday cake for you guys!

I’m glad it was a good time in Park City. I remember when we went while Marcus was on the mission. It was a pretty fun little trip for us!

But I will keep doing what I can here. I feel happier, and I feel like I can enjoy what I’m doing more now. Before I was super worried about Spanish or things like that, now it’s just kind of go with what I feel! I’m enjoying my mission. But I love you and I hope you have a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment