Tuesday, May 19, 2015

59 - Best Experience of My Mission!




I'm glad things are going good for you guys. Tell Brooke I'm proud of her biggest flirt award! I want photo proof. haha That's hilarious that every single one of us won that award. Way to keep it up! 

This week was really good. Actually really cool. We started off with a lot of meal appointments which was awesome! One of which was a barbeque with the N. family, gringos from Texas that live down here. Super awesome people! We had some awesome grilled BBQ chicken with yuka fries and salad. It was so good so that was awesome! And then we found 2 new families to teach. One the moms name is C. and she is super nice, a really funny lady. She was really open to hear us so we are planning on going back this week. Then we have a less active member who has a son that is 9 years old. So we are going to teach him and his dad to try and baptize them together. Then some other people that seem positive. And then we have L. He told us he was going to come Sunday so his baptismal date was set for this next Saturday. He had to come to church Sunday in order to get baptized. Sunday comes around and he doesn't show up. So we call and he doesn't answer. So we leave after the sacrament and run to his house. His dad is super super sick. He actually has Parkinson's and couldn't breathe. Luis said he couldn't leave him so I explained to him about a blessing. I asked that if the blessing made his dad feel better immediately would he come to church for a little bit. He said yes. I explained that it was completely dependent on their faith. We gave him a blessing, and right as we finished and said In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen, the dad started breathing normally. He started crying, and he said he felt better. I asked him if L. could come with us to church, and without hesitation he said yes. We made it to church a little late, but with time. So since L. came to church with us we have his baptismal date this Saturday!!!! It was such an awesome experience. It was a huge thing of faith to trust in us as representatives of Jesus to bless his dad and leave him at home to come to church, and having enough faith that he would be okay. It was so awesome! It was so cool! The best experience of my mission so far! It was an awesome thing to see. But yeah. That was my experience for the week! I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment