Thursday, March 12, 2015

49 - 1 YEAR MARK! The Week I Learned to Love Unconditionally



So this week was super crappy but then super good! We will title this week, the week I realized how to love unconditionally.  Now I will explain. So this week was a tough one, a lot of services, a lot of getting yelled at, and a lot of hearing no. I was getting really discouraged, like really, really badly. Then we had a day where it was the same, a lot of walking, no one home, no one wanted to listen, the usual here. So we sat down at a bus stop and we were there for like 20 minutes. I kind of felt like crying, it sucked! I just tried to forget about all that. And then we decided to go to our dinner appointment an hour early. It’s with the Sanchez family. And btw, we are going to visit them when you guys come to Panama. Best family ever. They are all amazing members, they want to help us, they always tell us how cool we are! And the little girls love us more than anything! 

Now onto what happened. So we go there, and we show up, it’s at the top of a big hill. We saw a kid, Harrison,  filling up water jugs, because they don’t have running water. So we carried the water in the house. We got it in, and the mom started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing. She told us how amazing we were and how much of a help we were, how we were a direct answer to her prayers! It was so cool to hear someone say that! She told us how we always think of others before ourselves and how we are always willing to help them. She told us how awesome we are and all that jazz! It made me feel so much better! In that moment I realized that I loved that family. I loved them with a Christ like love. It was cool!

Then we taught Lacey yesterday. She has been busy lately, but we had a super good lesson. I told their family that I loved them, and they are important to us and to the Lord. The spirit was super, super strong! It was good! Then we have Kenneth the one I told you about before. We have tried to find him all week, but he has been gone. So we are going to try this week and put a baptismal date (fecha) with him. We are really trying to find more people to teach. The Sanchez family is helping us a ton. It’s actually really awesome. It’s kind of hard sometimes. but we are trying to work with the members. But that was this week! And I hit my one year mark, and bought my first machete! Good stuff this week!

haha Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment