Well mom. I’m emailing you from President Carmacks computer. I’m going for subing points here! It’s subir-- ask dad. It’s what we use to say like moving from DL to ZL or to AP.
First off this week was a little crazy. I’m getting changed to a new area. They called me and told me like the night before we came to the city. It sucks. I had a comp I loved, in a place I loved, with people I loved, and doing stuff I loved. And now I’m getting moved. I’m sure you can tell I’m a little bummed. We call it the mission curse. Every time things start going really good, it seems like we get changed. I know I should have a good attitude about it, but it’s really hard right now, especially this close to Christmas. I was just hoping for a good first Christmas here in Panama, and it was going to work perfectly! But I’ll just have to figure something else out.
But we came into Panama City for our Christmas party and chilled. We bought Little Cesar’s pizza. There is one in the city by the mission offices! Then we had the big party, which was super good. The party included some talks, going to an orphanage, and then eating bacon! The bacon was amazing! But then we took some pictures and had a good old time. We got oil vials and stuff from the president as a gift. I chose a gold one! You already heard all the stuff we did, going to the orphanage. We had Santa and elves and did a Nativity program for the children. It was fun.
Then we went to this little burger place. It’s run by Columbians and it’s sooooooooooooo dang good! It’s just a little cart. So we went there Saturday night. Then yesterday we went and spent the night at the home of the office elders. We went on another run to the burger place. It was good! But other than that we didn’t do much. This week has been okay I guess. I’m kinda down because of changes. But now we are just kinda hanging out until we find out where I am going.
But I got to see the First Presidency Christmas Devotional in English at the church building right next to the temple. It was super cool! It was a great devotional. I loved how they focused on love. Everyone needs a little bit ‘o love. Regardless of what they say. Oh and I met an awesome sister missionary that’s from Mexico! She is way cool! So that was a good high point for the weekend!
I got the birthday box, but the secretary is going back to the mail today to see if anything else is ready to pick up. So I might be able to get the Christmas package today too.
This letter is super short but there isn’t much to say. We’ve been busy with travel and meetings. But at the same time I’m kind of not in a good mood. But I’m trying to keep a good outlook on it. Hopefully I’ll get a good area with a good comp. So I’ll fill you in on everything next week. I love you.









No comments:
Post a Comment