Wednesday, December 17, 2014

37 - From the Island to the Jungle!



Our Thanksgiving Dinner


It's a tienda (store) for Christmas

We've got the BFF game going strong

My favorite little fam. Little N. wanted me to take her to Hawaii

I was cashier for a while

I found an orange McLaren in the city at a gas station. I just couldn't say no to the opportunity! Loudest car I have ever heard. Tell dad it makes that Mercedes AMG sound like a little Civic!

The crew

Everyone says we could be brother and sister

My tienda family

Cute little fam bam

Chillin with the crew

A cute little gringa, E.

How American comps do matching molas
My comp, Elder S. He's from Mexico

We live in a jungle

Me and my homie

me and my comp at Cinta Costera

Panama Viejo



Some Venezuelan women I met at the mall

Hey mommy. Well I’m having to write really fast today, I’m almost out of time and my comp is waiting. But first off, I did get both the packages and I did open it. But I haven’t opened all the stuff! Just left it in my bag for now. So don’t worry! And yes I did love my birthday box! It was really cool!

I might not have time to email dad. So if not tell him I am sorry about that. 

So it kinda stinks to put on real shoes again, to be honest. And it sucks not having a hammock and wearing sandals everywhere. But my new area is called Caimatilo. It's in San Miguelito. San Mig is known best for being rundown with crime and poverty. But the funny thing is my area is actually pretty stinking nice! It's kinda weird. The only problem is that our area is giant! And I mean giant! Like one of the biggest areas in the mission! It's crazy big! But you know, that's just part of the mission. And our house is really cool. We have a walk in closet. Yes it is pretty cool stuff. But we bought Christmas lights so we are all festive and all! And then we are playing games with the kids, so it's good that you sent some games. They love them! We play cards with like everyone out here! It's actually fun. So far I've met some really cool families. They are really nice people and we have some good work to do. We have a lot of chances to talk to people but it's hard because there are some people who don't want to listen to what we teach as easily. That was a nice thing about the island. But ya that's life I guess. 

Now our area. It's super big, in the mountains, and jungly! Really jungly! Like we walk outside and we are surrounded by trees and plants. But it's fun, it's in the mountains so it's not too hot up here. That's a nice thing. I am a DL, and I'm in charge on 1 group of sisters, and 1 of elders. Both the sisters speak English. One of them is still within her first 7 days of being in the country so it's kinda funny to think that at one point my Spanish was roughly at that point. Now I just speak like it's nothing! I have confidence in my Spanish now! So that's good but it's weird. My comp tells me to talk more and I'm like dude, I don't talk a lot. And in my culture, if there isn't anything to be said, we don't say it. That's just how it works! It's a concept I think Latinos don't really understand because they are so outgoing and talkative. But I'll try and teach him. I'm actually teaching him some English so it's cool. There are some things you learn about missionary work with time. But we have had some great lessons. We had a super spiritual one with the father of some of the kids we are going to baptize this weekend. Last time I guess he wasn't receptive to the missionaries. But when we met with him, we taught the restoration and it was really good. We felt the spirit really strong. 

I love the picture you sent! It's awesome! like really good! And it's exactly how I used to feel as a middle child! Now I kinda like it. I kinda got away with a lot being the middle. But then I still got in trouble a lot. Like a lot! haha. 

I heard there are a few missionaries that cant get in to the country yet. But we are still getting a ton of missionaries. I can't tell if the number has fallen or not. I guess we will see soon! 

But that calender you sent me, I was thinking about it and realized it goes until June of 2016. Mom I'm going to be home before that! Do you realize that! That's insane! I didn't know if you realized that when you sent it or not. But now you do! No, none of my things got moldy in storage while I was on the island so we are okay! And no I'm not training and I kinda hope I won't. I know now I will, for saying that. But I guess we will just see. I will probably have a kid (younger missionary I help) in this area if anything. So I guess it will just be a wait and see kinda thing. But some of my molas, I'm still waiting on. I'll get them soon! I love you! Tell dad I love him!

Love Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment