Monday, September 29, 2014

26 - Chicha Fuerte

It stared out as a dance competition and turned into twerking


Well the funny thing, is we have needed a ton of rain, but we got none from that hurricane. We are like completely out of water so we are planning on going to the river today to get some more. 

It's been a crazy week. We had p-day on Wednesday, then Thursday we took a trip to Carti. We went to do divisions with them. And I found a new lady to do mola. I got one from her that was Baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. It was actually super good! I'm gonna go pick it up in a few weeks so I'll send a picture when I get it. But other than that I got to help prepare for a chicha fuerte. First off it was because the girl 'reached maturity', so somehow that translates to let's party. They put said girl in a little room made out of giant leaves, they keep her in the house for a few days, then they make a soup out of bananas and pumpkin. Then Saturday they feed the soup to every one on the island, then Sunday they eat rice all day and drink. And all because a girl 'matured'. Interesting.

We are teaching a few other people. We are looking at 2 baptisms at least for next change but we will see! We are planning on having a family baptism, and we have pretty high hopes. 

I got to watch the General Women's session too. I got to watch it in Spanish and then yesterday we watched it again in English. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk! I don't know if you remember the little video they had about temples, well just an FYI the last temple they show in the video is actually the Panama temple. And I also liked how he said got doesn't care how many followers you have on Instagram or if someone unfollows you on Twitter  *cough* S.B. *cough* but it was kind of funny. So many people get caught up in all that stuff, but it doesn't mean anything in the end. So there's no need to worry about it. 

But I really wanna bring you guys out here. It would be fun, it's so pretty out here! And the people are so nice! The funny thing, the thunder here is the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my entire life. It is so crazy! But I guess we will see. Transfers are this week, and both of us are staying. But to be honest, I would be fine with spending the rest of my mission here. Talking about it with my comp, I really don't want to go back into the city. I just kind of want to stay out here for the rest of the time. I get along with the people, I can handle no running water, and I just love being out here. But I will just do whatever is needed. I know I can't just stay here forever. 

Ok, so the thing with mail is the ZL's go in after every change, so they pick up all our stuff then. So I haven't gotten any letters or anything. If I'm lucky, if you did send one for my B-day, I'll get it in December instead of November. So in other words that's the downfall of being on the island, no mail. And I can't really send letters either. So I probably can't write Bro. Becksted back for a while. 


I like the quotes, even if they are self centered! haha just kidding! It's a good quote mommy! I hope you guys have a good week! I love you! See ya later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment