Wednesday, September 17, 2014

24 - Visit to Tikan Tiki Island



We call this the Columbian Flip




Making ohlaldres (like a puff pastry)

Team work in action!

This is how we wash our clothes

My little fishy. Yum, Dinner....
Cool little sunrise
The church in Carti (a different island) Over the water!

This week was a crazy week! First off we had the ZLs come with us, so I had to go out with one of them and do lessons and such. I had to get all the lessons ready and everything. Then the next day we had to go to Tikan Tiki for divisions with the hermanas there. 

I think we are going to start the English lessons this week and we are going to do them every Saturday for an hour. So we will see how they go! 

The kuna life is pretty much just survival. They just go day to day kind of. Normally, out here we stay for 6 months, that's about the normal time line. Some have stayed for up to a year! So it totally just depends. I'm not sure, but I like to be here, it's super chill and fun. We have a lot of fun out here! Speaking of, when we need water we have to go to the river to get it, which means we have to get in the river! And yes, President knows that we have to do it, so it's not breaking the rules. And yes we do fish to eat. But we don't do it by the bathroom! That's gross mom! We go out on the bridge between the two islands and fish there, it's a lot better. We have a companion goal to catch 2 fish each this week. But no, we didn't have life jackets when our canoe tipped. My flip flops float so I'm fine there, but I did almost lose my pen! It popped out and started going down! But it's all good, still got it! 

But his letters are hilarious! He emailed me in the MTC, and it was pretty awesome, it gave me a little chuckle. But the mail is terrible out here. And it's even worse for me because I only get mail when the ZL's go in, which is once every 6 weeks. 

I have thought of a few things I would like for my birthday and yes I am using the numbering feature for this.

  1. jump rope. just a little one, and nothing too fancy
  2. little games, like those pen ones you sent to Marcus or whatever you find that would be cool 
  3. phase 10. just phase 10
  4. a new glasses cleaner rag thing.
  5. I will think of more 

I love your little motivational quotes! And it's a good one this week! Yeah they have facebook and stuff. Speaking of facebook. Can you go on mine and change my settings, I'm not sure what they are at. But can you open it up so anyone can find me? Some of the kids out here want to add me as a friend. 

The leg is pretty much back to normal. I still have no feeling around it, and I'm not sure if I can run normally yet, but I'll try and find out soon! I finally got tired and just pulled the last few steri-strips off. So yeah they are all gone. 

I'm glad grandpa is working and especially that it's helping her. She is such a sweet lady. Like she is seriously so amazing! 

I heard about Brooke's goals! That's awesome! It just kinda sucks that I wasn't there to see her play. But I'm glad she's doing something. I can't believe she's dating. But I would be a pretty great spy! I'm super sneaky first off, and second off I could just take some of my swords down to the couch and just randomly start sharpening every once in a while. I think that would work pretty well to scare off the boys! I'm sorry I couldn't be your unpaid labor force! ;) haha just kidding! 

Now to the whole story of my week, so we had the ZL's here. That was okay, but most of the lessons we planned fell through for both me and my comp. But we still got some stuff done. Then the next day we went to another island to work with the hermanas there. There are some problems going on there so we had to try and help fix it while we were there. It was kind of difficult. But we had like 2 lessons, both of which were super good super spiritual lessons. They were both less active members, so we told them how it's good to be better examples for their families. One of them is actually an Elder so that was a super good thing to see. We actually had him teach us and he used the Liahonna. It was the story about the South Korean soldier and having to drink at the military party. I'm not sure if you are familiar with that one or not. But it was really good because we talked to him about his problems. My comp used our story of the canoe, how sometimes we are going to fall, but all we need to do is change a few little things, and try again. Just because we fall doesn't mean we can't get back up. So that ended up being a super good one too! But things were pretty good. And we luckily caught a boat home. Then yesterday, it was pretty good. We had 2 investigators in Sacrament Meeting. But we only had a total of 29 people there, and normally it's like 40 to 45 so that kinda stunk. But it was still a good day. And that girl I told you about like the first week I got here, her baptism is scheduled for this Saturday! Which means we get to go to the Mormon Island! So I'm super excited about that one! I'll make sure to send a picture of that! 

Alisa emailed me again, and she told me about the buck that Abbi shot in the backyard. Freaking Abbi, that girl is just awesome! But that's pretty cool that it happened. 

But that is about it. This week was super hectic but things went well and it was a fun week. The weeks seem to be going by faster and faster. It's kind of crazy! But it makes it fun. I hope things keep going well! I love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment