Well, it's not just a cyst. The growth on my knee is a full on bone. I got x
rays of it and there is a bone that grew out and started growing up. It
hurts like crazy. My leg is swelling up lately so I can't really walk very
long, like maybe an hour at the most and that's with advil. Like I'm taking advil just to get to our meals. And the
president said I shouldn't really go out much because it just starts swelling
and hurts really bad. You know I've been through painful things but this
really does hurt. But
one member had this spray stuff for pain. So if I really do need to go out and
do something I just spray it a little and it lasts for a few hours. So that's a
last resort if I have to. I feel like grandpa
right now. I can't even walk through the dang store without almost killing myself. But I think it might just be today or it could be until I get my leg fixed. We
will have to see. The doctor I went to said I need to get it removed in
surgery. So I started praying about it and the only way I wanna do it is if I go home to the U.S. for surgery. I don't know why but that's just the answer I got and when I think
about that I feel really calm. So I will
talk to the doctors and president about it. But they want to send my x rays to Salt Lake to see what some specialists think about it. So maybe I will know
what I'm doing in about a week. I would probably be home for the 4th!!!!!! AMERICA!!!!!!! HAHA I don't know if you knew this yet but I have an America tie that I got here. I was kinda stoked about it!
I'm just gonna tell you an overview of the cool things I
remember now. I've painted members' houses, I've fixed a car with my comp. I've chopped up a few back yards with machetes. And for zone service we pretty much
just loaded dirt and moved it somewhere else. But that's about it.
This last week was pretty fun. First off we caught a
crocodile. Yes we caught it. And killed it. Now we have the meat in our fridge.
It tastes exactly like chicken! So that was cool. And I have more pictures for
you too! Oh, I bought a pillow today. I've gone these 3 months without one so
my neck hurts a lot! But now I have one so I'm really excited for tonight!
I've realized some things. Never again in my life will all my worries be just about chilling
with my friends and doing nothing that involves any responsibility at all. Except if I go to BYU Hawaii of course!!!! haa That would be fun though.
We go sight seeing every once in a while. But we haven't gone for a while because it costs quite a bit of money to go do stuff like
that. And because it's the rainy season it rains every single day. And I mean
every single day! I swear it's crazy! But it will be weird after my mission to not see rain
clouds all day every day. But the good thing is before it rains it cools down
quite a bit and the wind picks up a bit more, which makes it a lot of fun. But
if you haven't been on a red devil (bus) during a rain storm you have no clue
what extreme heat and humidity is. There are like 60 people there and all the
windows are closed. It sucks! But I got over my little claustrophobia real
quick here! So that's a good thing!
There are so many cute little girls out here! Like the level
of cuteness is almost unreal! They do learn a little English, just like
numbers and a few phrases. But there is this one RM in our Ward. he took an English class last semester so he could speak a Little bit more. This other guy helps me with Spanish and I help him with English. I help
a lot of people learn a little English actually. It's kind of funny. Like this little Kuna Indian girl, Kimberly, I taught her like 10 words and she was like 'I can speak English now!' It was so cute!
I have played soccer a lot here. But I found that people in Panama have amazing foot work but if they have to
pass the ball everything falls apart. It's like something in their brain. Like kids in the street and professional
players all do that. And just so you know Panama lost to Brazil 4 to
0. And Brazil was playing about the level of my team for Fusion. So yeah. Not good.
But I'll try and find out what is up with my knee and I'll let
you know as soon as I find out. But still. I do like my mission, it's pretty dang fun! I get to know people pretty well out here. I feel like I
can make a difference out here. It is hard sometimes but yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment