Thursday, June 19, 2014

15 - Baptism Week!




That's the bone growth off to the right. I think I'll name it Winston.
My 3 Legged lizzard.





Well this week was a lot better! We actually had a baptism for this lady Marjorie. It was really really cool! It was special because it's the first one we have had that I have gotten to teach! So it was really cool. I had to give a talk about the Holy Ghost. But it all went well, and the Bishop called me super gringo because I used the folleta on the evangelio, and it talks about the Holy Ghost so I thought it was perfect. 

I am gonna talk to president about my knee tomorrow. I will see what he has to say. I'm pretty sure they want me to get an operation but I'll send you the picture of the x ray so you can see. I don't think a brace will help. If I walk like 15 minutes then sit down, like I almost can't get back up. And it swells a lot, like every day. So it kinda sucks. But I really wouldn't wanna stay here for surgery. Number 1 it's pretty dirty around here and I know it would get infected. And it would suck to just lay there for like 2 months. But we will see what my president says.  I have some spray and if I spray it on my knee I can't feel it for about an hour. So I used that and tried to play a little soccer. But it just hurt my knee more, and a kid pushed me and I cut up my knee. So I'm not gonna play soccer for a while anymore. But if I do have to go home for surgery, I don't care what I have to do. I'm coming back to be a missionary here. I love it here. And I'm used to the culture now, so it's even better. And if I do get surgery, I am so keeping that thing! It's sweet! You'll see it on the xray.


But other than that it was an okay week. Things have been getting on my nerves lately. I'm trying to be patient and praying for some help. But it's so hard! But I guess I'm just gonna have to deal with it. But gladly I didn't have to just go sit in the house again, and not work! So I was pretty happy about that! But the funny thing is every day still goes by super fast, for not being able to do much. It's a quick time.


But one good thing about being here is the number of cute kids. There have been a handful of kids here who are super, super cute!


We have this family of Kuna Indians who we go to every Sunday for dinner. One of them named Luis is the ward missionary. It's awesome because even like a month ago he never went to church. He has changed so much in such a little time! It's so awesome though! But they are getting me a shirt with mola and a tie. The tie has parrots and a ton of cool designs! So I'm pretty excited. I'm so stoked about it! I'll send you a picture when I get them.


That's awesome Austin had a good time at the temple. I remember feeling like that-- are we allowed to talk in there? But I actually learned something in Spanish at the temple that I don't remember in English. So that was actually really cool! 

It's so much nicer to have another gringo in the house. Me and him joke around all the time. He is really funny actually! He is going home on the 3rd of July. He talked president into it so he could be home for the 4th of July. I love the 4th! It's so much fun all the time! I really do miss America. Me and Elder H. talk about how great America is, because it really is an awesome place!

You are gonna love it here mom. There is 1 thing I know of that is always super super cheap..... CLOTHES!!! Like you go to the mall and like all the clothes in the stores, like the most expensive thing I have seen is like a 15 dollar shirt and like 20 dollar pants. I could go to a store and get like 15 outfits for less than 100 dollars! It's insane! And it's so cool! So I'm sure you would love that! 

But this week was kind of fun. It hasn't been too bad. I just wish my legs didn't hurt so bad. Having one hurt has like transferred the pain to my other knee too. But I'm trying my best to just keep going. 

I love you. I'll send you some pictures this week so you will have something to put on the blog! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment