This week has been going a lot better. I didn't have anything stolen! The money was
in the bottom of my backpack and they had to search for it. I haven't gotten
any cash, but they gave me a card to use for now.
I'm pretty happy. I'm over the home sickness now, like I tell myself I'll be
gone for two years and I don't even think twice. It's a lot of work being the district leader. I
pray about the other missionaries and spend most of my time thinking about what would be best for
them. It seems like time is the one thing I don't
have a lot of right now. I don't really have much time to
take pictures here because even on P day we are super super busy. We have
laundry and emails and naps and sports and a ton of things. But I have been
writing in my journal every night. It's hard some nights but it's kind of fun. Learning is hard, but it's actually easier than it was in high school. But it's
still super tough.
We have learned how things work around here, and being
half way done, we know the tricks. We found this
secret computer lab, but it's always locked so it's hard to get in. But it's so much
cooler than any of the other ones!
I got a new scripture case. It has Jesus on it and I put Alma
26:5 on the back, it's pretty cool. I really
like that scripture for some reason. I'll send you a picture in a bit. It's actually really cool looking.
But thank you
for that picture, mom! That is the funniest thing I've seen in the last 3 weeks.
Easter is only a few
days after I get into the field so that's a little crazy.
I have been
getting into these things called tazos, they are little cardboard circles with
pictures on them. You get them out of chip bags and it's kind of fun to play
with them.
There is still a million things going
on here, I'm still not used to having every minute of every day planned out. It's really tough for me. I have tried to just let things go how they are going to
go. I'm trying to do the best I can, but I can only handle sitting in a class
for so long before I start losing my mind, it's not much fun. Our teaching
is going better. We do a thing called TRC where we get a random investigator and we
teach them things from preach my gospel. The language is going
okay I guess, but I don't know how to gauge how well I am doing. But then I think
where I was even 3 weeks ago and it's amazing that I have learned more in 3
weeks than I did in 3 years of High School Spanish.
I have a rash on my
biceps so I'm trying to get it to go away. I want
McDonalds. And I wish I could get my hands on some Mt. Dew out here. I need something to keep me going. My body is completely exhausted every single day. But I guess I just gotta get used to it. The kool aid packets were an awesome idea. It's nice to get a
little bit of goodness. And in the comedor sometimes they have lemonade, it's amazing. And some days they have like pineapple and orange juice mixed,
it reminds me a lot of grandmas house for some reason.
I love you. I'll talk to you soon, and I'll send you the picture in a minute.


No comments:
Post a Comment