Well I'm in the MTC. The plane ride was okay I guess, I had window seats so I was happy about that. But we had a group of 18
missionaries by the time we got into Mexico. Customs went okay but they
searched all our bags. They looked at my boxes of contact lenses like it was
something they had never seen before! And one other kid in our group had an
electric toothbrush go off when it was getting searched, so that was pretty
funny. And one of the sisters left her passport on the plane in Mexico so we
haven't seen her since then. The people drive like crazy, but you already know
that.
There is a lot going on in my head, but I just keep telling
myself there is no going back now! I have my name tag. But the MTC is 90 acres.
It's HUGE! But we do get to live in those houses just so you know. I'm not really
sure what to say as of right now, it's scary but not too scary. I hope you guys
haven't cried too much, because at the airport I was the only one not crying
because that would have just made it worse.
Make sure to tell everyone that I love them, especially Booga. It's tough for her because she actually started liking me. haha But on the way
here, the pilot said it was 45 degrees. That was the biggest lie I've heard all
day! I'm sweatin' up a storm out here!
The MTC is gorgeous, it's surrounded by palm
trees and these weird trees that have purple flowers growing on them. They are
the prettiest purple you have ever seen! We were the first group of
missionaries to arrive today so I have to wait for my companion. I've already
made a few friends, there are some pretty cool guys here and almost all of them
are taller than me! It stinks! But the group I came with, it's only me and one
sister that are going to Panama.
I'm just ready to go to bed though, I'm beyond
exhausted. And I got a snack on the plane, it had some cheese in it. It was
stinkin' good cheese!
I love you and I can't wait to hear from you. Tell Marcus and
dad I love them too. Keep it real, Home Slice.
No comments:
Post a Comment