Thursday, March 20, 2014

2 - 2nd Week in the CCM!





Well, it was a pretty good week, but it was stressful beyond all belief. I started lifting weights again and that takes away a lot of the stress. Hopefully I'll be scary to all those boys trying to take Brooke on dates when I get back. Spanish is hard but I've been doing okay. We had an investigator like our first week, but we can only teach and most of the time talk in Spanish. We are already teaching full lessons in completely Spanish. It was really scary at first but now I"m kind of used to it. I feel like I'm learning, but just not as fast as I would like. Teaching in Spanish is getting a little easier, but it's still hard though.

I polished my shoes and ironed one of my shirts for the first time this week. I didn't completely destroy it so I felt good. I'm used to being called Elder now. Like hearing my name is kinda of different, watch me forget my name by the time I come home! But I can't tell one day from another, they all just kind of keep going. We wake up by 6:30, have class from 7:30 till 12. Then lunch, then class from 12:30 to about 5:00, then dinner, then class from 6 to about 9:30. So about 10 or 11 hours of pure study. The days I live for are Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday.  We get pizza on Tuesdays and Thursdays are p days! Being district leader is stressful. But I have learned a lot about prayer. It feels like you pray every twenty five seconds, it's insane. But prayer has helped a lot. At first it felt weird to pray this much. But there is no possible way I could do this without prayer.

I got all my money stolen, so that kinda sucked. I still have my credit and debit cards and $20 though, so at least I have something. I filed a report and everything but it's just kind of gone. They can't do anything about it. They didn't take my camera or speaker or anything, just my cash. The reception desk said to go to the financial advisor and he will be able to give me some money. But that's about all I can do. Elder Barnes gave me a couple hundred pesos and said that I need it more than him. But we get 100 pesos every p day to use in the store. They have pretty much Chips A Hoy cookies but they call them chokis. They are like $1.15 in American so they are really cheap. 

But we made a sling shot in our casa with some exercise bands, I'll send you the video, but it was a lot of fun.We have more plans for fun stuff to do. But I'll try to send some more pictures.  

I have been writing in my journal every night. And the funny thing is we are supposed to study the scriptures but they give us so little time for anything that I've only made it to like the 18th chapter of Nephi. But one thing I want you to read is 3 Nephi 17 verse 3. It's one of my favorites so far, and I'm trying to save the weekly money and buy a scripture case and get it put on it. 

We had Elder Hoffman go to another district because he is supposed to leave earlier than us, so Elder Feeney is another one of my companions.  

But yes, I already sent the package to Hermana Hill. 

The explosions are fireworks, so don't worry too much. The CCM is in the dead center of the ghetto, like it was crazy coming in. I'll try to get some pictures from Elder Barnes and send them to you.  

I love you and I miss you. I still don't know how I got talked into doing this! Ha, just kidding. But really this is rough. I just hope it gets easier as it goes!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment