Friday, March 14, 2014

1 - First Week in the CCM



 






Well, it's been a crazy week. This is easily the hardest thing I have ever done. But I'm already the district leader. It's not very hard but it's just a little more pressure that I really don't want right now but it's not like I get to choose really. 

The CCM is crazy. All of the city around us looks like something off Call of Duty, it's all run down and broken. But the shops are all outside, hardly any are indoors. But we are surrounded by giant walls and armed guards that are there 24 hours a day. We joke that the only way to get out of here is to go to your mission, go home, or go to the hospital. But it's really pretty out here. We live in little houses called casas, of course. But there are a bunch of missionaries in each casa. Me and my companion share a room with a guy from Mexico and a guy from Panama. They are hilarious! We are up till like 11 every night just laughing. Mexico is about 70 degrees every day and Panama is up in the 90`s! It's so hot! It's pretty here though. I will send you a few pictures in a minute.

But learning Spanish is hard. People only speak Spanish in Mexico! We got an investigator on our 3rd day here to teach that only speaks Spanish. My companion knows no Spanish at all so I try my best to keep the lessons going. But I'm trying to not get upset. It's crazy how much I have felt the spirit down here. 

On the computers one of the backgrounds is a picture of the farm in Monticello!


But tell C.H. to email me. But I miss you guys like crazy. The only problem is every minute of every day is planned here. It's hard to get used to. Sometimes I wish I could be at home and just lay there. But I love you and I'll talk to you next week.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment