Wednesday, April 1, 2015

52 - A Busy Week






Hey mom. Well this week was a little different. It seemed like we didn’t have as much time to work. So we had Monday, which was p-day. Then Tuesday we went out and did some work, tried to find some new people to teach, tried to teach some lessons, and luckily Luis was there, and he asked us some good questions about wars and about why bad things have to happen. He really wants to get baptized. Really really bad! He says it every time we come. So I really hope he can keep coming to church. He didn’t come yesterday so that kind of stunk. But things are going good. And then Wednesday we went out and visited some less active members, but to get to their house you have to walk up a dirt road to a little farm for like an hour, and that’s after about 40 minutes of walking on a mountain road. And it was so tough! And I actually had a hard time breathing. I called the nurses in Colon, and they said I have asthma. It’s induced by dirty air, so that was pretty cool I guess. So now I have to carry an inhaler in my backpack all the time, it was a promise I had to make.  But it was so dang hard! But we chilled with that family, played monopoly and ate so it was cool. The great thing was they showed up to church on Sunday! So that was super cool! People really can feel a difference when we come visit them, and they are willing to work a little bit harder. 

But now to the sucky part. On Thursday we had to be in David 1 hour away at 8 in the morning for a meeting of district leaders (yes I am still a district leader). Then we got home at like 4 and went and visited some members, and then went home. Then Thursday we had to be in David at 8 30 for interviews with president. We got home at 4 again, so then we did some planning, and then went to dinner. Then Saturday we went and visited Luis again, and we taught him about the word of wisdom. He said he drank coffee, so we asked him if he would stop. He said he knew it was bad for him before, just wanted a reason to help him stop so he promised us to stop. Next we are going to teach him law of chastity. We will see how it goes! Then Sunday we had church, went to lunch with some members, and one has a boyfriend who is an investigator of the sister missionaries in our ward. He had some good questions about the Book of Mormon and about certain things so we started answering his questions. My job as a missionary is to answer people’s questions, but we have to be careful because the hermanas are already teaching him.

But now onto my area. It is dang hard! Our area is super touristy, so pretty much every single person is a tourist. They just pass by, and the people that do live there, are never home! It is so hard! There are only 2 members in our area, 1 of them is inactive, the other is less active. It’s difficult. I’m just trying to stay focused and work harder. I can work all day long, and just pray for help.

I found a little gem out in the back of a car yard. It was so gorgeous! With a dual cut off exhaust right under the driver seat, with a holley hood shaker intake. Oh dad you have no idea how happy I was! It was the coolest thing I have seen in all of Panama! And I have seen a brand new McLaren!

But other than that, things are going good. We are trying to get more help from members and trying to find more people to teach. So we will see how this week goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment