Monday, August 25, 2014

20 - Back in Panama!


This is my madre-- the oldest sister in the district.

This is maybe the best fruit I've had here so far!


It looks like a grape inside!


I found coffee cake!

Revolution tower
Well cool story now, the stories you have heard are lies! There are like 7 islands you can go to in San Blas, and 2 of them can't use internet, but gladly I'm not one of those two. We are going to stay in the church building out on the island I think, and they have internet at the chapel. I saw a picture of my ZL's chapel, he came to pick me up, and it goes out over the ocean and it's all like open to the ocean! It looks so freaking cool! But knowing I can still use internet is a big bonus for me!

But then that brings up everything else, I had to move all my important things into a different bag. They have a little rolling duffle bag for me to put all my stuff in, so that was kinda tough! But I got it done with room to spare! But we are actually leaving tomorrow morning for the island. We got to go to this store called Price Smart. It is just like a smaller version of Costco! It was so fun! They have like the same shelves and everything, I seriously think Costco owns them. But like almost everything in there is English food like mac and cheese, they have those granola bars that I love! and even apple sauce! We all split up and bought a ton of food for our islands. But with that means I have to carry all the money for me and my comp because he is already on the island, so I've got like 1000 dollars on me! But Columbians actually show up and sell stuff to the islands, so I'm going to buy my hammock there. I learned that the ones in Panama are more for show. The Columbian ones are like super strong! So I'll make sure to buy a few and bring them home with me. And just so you know, my island is called Nargana. So that's cool I guess!
And yes mom, you did do good about not crying at the airport. I love you! I'll talk to you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment